St. Mary takes student attendance very seriously. Attendance is vital to student success. As families know, regular attendance at school is closely linked with successful completion of credits. However, many different situations may contribute to the number of absences such as; illness, family matters or personal situations. Regardless of the reason, it is the responsibility of not only the student but the family as well to contact the school and confirm the whereabouts of the student on the day(s) and or classes they were absent.
- Absences and Late Arrivals should be verified before school begins at 8AM. We want to ensure your child is safe. If they will not be coming to school (illness, appointment etc..) or will be arriving late or departing early please advise the school by using the Safe Arrival App SchoolMessenger or by leaving a message on the attendance line at the school 613-342-4911.
- Students need to sign in at the office when arriving late and sign out when leaving early (with the exception if on spare).
- Period 3 AFTER LUNCH – if students are late after lunch hour and it is unverified by a parent they will receive an automatic detention to be served the following day.
- All Unverified Absences are followed up with by Administration.
- EXTENDED ABSENCES -Temporary Absence Forms – if your child will be away for 5 days or more (ie: vacation etc..) please have them pick up a form at the office. Parent signature is required with dates and reason for absence and needs to be handed in to the Principal.
Google Play Store (or from the links at https://go.schoolmessenger.com).