STUDENT PROCEDURES FOR ATTENDANCE
- Students are expected to be in class at 8:05 a.m.
- You MUST SIGN IN AT THE OFFICE IF YOU ARE LATE FOR ANY REASON. By not signing in at the office (teacher’s attendance is usually done early) it will look as though you are absent and a call will go home.
- Absences from class will be considered a SKIP unless a note or phone call is received upon arrival at the office.
- Detentions will be assigned by your teacher after 3 unexcused lates to a class (If you do not have a note, it is an UNEXCUSED LATE).
- If you have a spare or peer tutoring first period – you must sign in.
- If you have coop in the morning – you must sign in upon arrival to school.
- If you missed an entire day due to illness or appointments, you must bring a note the following day to the office, unless your parent called in.
ILLNESS & APPOINTMENTS:
- Students are encouraged to make appointments outside of school hours, however, if you must leave for an appointment during school time parents must inform the school beforehand, either by a written note or by phone. (The school answering machine is on 24 hours a day.) Show your note to the teacher and then proceed to the office with the note to sign out.
- If you are ill, you must report to THE OFFICE TO CALL HOME. Students who do not report to the office or student services when ill will be treated as if SKIPPING. DO NOT CALL FROM THE CLASSROOM OR YOUR CELL PHONE.
- IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE A PHONE CALL IN ADVANCE or YOU DO NOT HAVE WRITTEN PERMISSION TO LEAVE – A LUNCH HOUR DETENTION WILL BE ASSIGNED. We will then expect a phone call or note the following day. If not, the absence will be treated as a skip.
- If you are going on a vacation DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR, the Office requires notification in writing, IN ADVANCE, stating the dates you will be away. It will be up to the student to ask for homework from their teachers in advance of their vacations. NOTE: THE TIME MISSED FOR VACATIONS OUTSIDE OF SCHEDULED SCHOOL BREAKS WILL BE COUNTED AS ABSENCES.