Welcome to St. Mary Catholic High School.
St. Mary Catholic High School is a Grade 7-12 secondary school, with modern state of the art facilities and labs, located centrally in historic Brockville, Ontario. With an enrollment of 632 students, St. Mary creates a learning environment that is personal, full of opportunity and focused on high expectations. The staff at St. Mary want their students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and inspired learners who are prepared to thrive in the twenty-first century. Among the many excellent programs at St. Mary are the very popular Native Studies, French and Musical Theatre programs
High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance, co-curricular participation, and catholic values are the foundation of the school. The St. Mary staff takes great pride in maintaining curricular, athletic and arts programs that builds character and values responsibility, respect, honesty and informed decision making. The local community depends on St. Mary for its commitment to the food bank, cancer research, free the children and many other causes. The school’s Justice League is very active in supporting many local and international social justice initiatives.
Educational technology has permeated all areas of school life. The staff at St. Mary endeavour to integrate technology and its range of applications ‘throughout the classroom’ in an attempt to improve the quality of learning instruction. Modern teaching strategies, provision of student enrichment unit, recognition of various student learning styles and a culture of academic support create a special learning community at St. Mary Catholic High School. All courses offered by St. Mary Catholic High School have been developed according to the requirements of the Ontario Ministry of Education and approved by the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario.
Specialized Programs and Supports
* Exemplary Guidance, Student success and Special Education support
* Peer support program for new and International students
* Specialist High Skills Major Programs in Arts/Cultural and Non-Profit
* Dual Credit learning opportunity with local colleges
* Online Learning programs
* Cooperative Education programs
* Highly respected Musical Theatre and Visual Arts programs.
* A complete and highly successful athletic program
* A wide range of extracurricular opportunities in sports, clubs and the arts.
* Emphasis on service, community outreach and development of Catholic Values
* Modern construction technology program
Yours in Catholic Education,
J.P. Elliott, Principal
We are located at:
40 Central Avenue
Brockville, ON K6V 4N5